- This event has passed.
July 18, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Praxis Workshop with 3x USA Olympian Rachel Dawson$85.00
Praxis Workshop with 3x USA Olympian Rachel Dawson
Mindfulness & Self-Awareness Workshop
Why Do YOU Play?
During each workshop, Praxis will use a combination of learning techniques including slideshows, individual journaling, partner work, small group exercises and large group sharing and reflection to support the Mission of the wellness workshop.
Grades 7th-12th are welcome! Club Affiliation NOT Required.
- Increase individual athlete awareness and self-understanding
- Identify specific areas for strength-based contribution and growth
- Empower athletes to optimize opportunity and potential in sport
- Create space for honest, holistic personal exploration and discovery
- Inspire each individual to become the owner and creator of their unique experience in athletics and beyond
- Focus on positive and sustainable wellness
5:30-6:30PM: On-Field Training with Coach Dawson
8:15-9:00PM: Athlete + Parent Discussion
Coach Dawson is a recently retired USA Field Hockey Team Member who competed in the Rio 2016, London 2012, and Bejing 2008 Olympic Games! She is a graduate of North Carolina University where she earned the 2007 Honda Award as the National Player of the Year for field hockey also was named the 2007 ACC Defensive Player of the Year and the 2007 ACC Tournament MVP. Dawson is currently the assistant field hockey coach at the University of Virginia!