In consideration of being allowed to participate in any of the training, events and activities (“Activities”) associated with The Main Line Field Hockey Club, LLC (“MLFHC”), I acknowledge, appreciate and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from the training, events and activities (“Activities”) offered by MLFHC is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular training, skills, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist.
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES (as defined below) or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation in the Activities of MLFHC.
3. Despite such risks, I willingly agree to participate in the Activities of MLFHC. If I observe any unusual significant hazard that exists in the facility being used during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and will notify MLFHC of such hazard immediately.
4. I certify that I am physically and mentally fit to participate in Activities through MLFHC and have not been advised by a qualified medical professional not to participate in any Activities such as those offered by MLFHC. I certify that there are no health‐related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in these Activities or event and have disclosed to MLFHC any underlying medical conditions.
5. I agree that I will not hold the Releasees responsible for any claims resulting from any medical treatment I receive as a result of my participation in Activities by MLFHC. I certify that I currently have medical/health insurance to cover any injuries that I may sustain during my participation in the Activities of MLFHC.
6. I RELEASE, WAIVE, AND DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I or my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, guardians, parents, and next of kin, may have now or in the future against MLFHC, and its coaches, volunteers, spectators, directors, members, managers, owners, employees, contractors, subcontractors, representatives, agents, affiliates, successors and assigns; other participants, spectators, owners, and landlords of the premises used by MLFHC (collectively the “Releasees”) for any liability, expenses, loss or damage to person or property, injury, death or disability suffered from or in connection with my presence or participation in the Activities of MLFHC due to any cause whatsoever, INCLUDING THE NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES. I HEREBY AGREE NOT TO SUE OR MAKE CLAIMS AGAINST THE RELEASEES AND FORFEIT ALL MY RIGHTS TO DO SO.
7. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees, WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH or loss or damage to person or property, or expenses or fees (including reasonable attorney’s fees) associated with my presence or participation in the Activities through MLFHC, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. This Agreement and any disputes arising out of or related to Participant’s involvement in Activities through MLFHC shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without regard to conflict of law principles. Jurisdiction and venue for any disputes arising out of or related to Participant’s involvement in the Activities of MLFHC or this Agreement shall be exclusively in the Court of Common Pleas of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.
9. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the undersigned and MLFHC concerning its subject matter. This Agreement supersedes any prior agreements or understandings between Participant or Parent and MLFHC concerning the subject matter of this Agreement and will remain in effect and unless and until terminated or replaced by a new written agreement.
10. If any provision of this Release of Liability, or the application of such provision, shall be rendered or declared invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, or by reason of its requiring any steps, actions or results, the remaining parts or portions of this Release shall remain in full force and effect.