Looking for a fun and competitive way to learn and improve your field hockey skills this Spring? Join our relentlessly energetic and positive Mayhem Coaching Staff at Mayhem’s Spring FUNdamental Skills Training program to learn and improve your field hockey game! Each class will focus on these four major components of field hockey in age-appropriate ways:
- Proper dribbling techniques;
- Passing & Receiving;
- Basics of Offense & Defense
- Structure & Formation
Two 6-Week Session Options:
- Saturdays- 3/25, 4/1, 4/15, 4/22, 4/29, 5/6
- Sundays- 3/26, 4/2, 4/16, 4/23, 4/30, 5/7
Inside on turf at the beautiful new MAYHEM Athletic Center, 1032 Conshohocken Road, Conshohocken, PA 19428
$255 Per Athlete for (6) Weeks
Objectives by Age:
- Pre-K: Your athlete’s first opportunity to learn field hockey in a safe and nurturing environment. Designed for the active yet attentive little athlete, this innovative field hockey learning program uses games and drills that teach not only basic field hockey skill, but core athletic movements and coordination. Objectives are to develop comfort with the stick and to familiarize athletes with correct motor skill movement patterns and social skills key to teamwork. Kids will participate in a non-competitive scrimmage and game-like drills in every session and will leave exhausted!
- K-2nd: Introduction to basic field hockey techniques in skill drills and scrimmaging designed to improve individual skill. An emphasis is placed on teamwork, participation, hustle and communication to create a learning environment that allows for meeting new friends and making mistakes while getting comfortable with your stick!
- 3rd-8th Grades: MORE FIELD HOCKEY for athletes wishing to develop their fundamental technique through ALL field hockey-focused skills, drills and scrimmaging in preparation for Club or School play.
- High School (Beginner-Intermediate Level): Designed for players with 0-2 years of experience who are either in, or entering, high school in the fall. The program expedites individual skill drills and covers several topic and skills quickly in each session to allow more time for scrimmaging.
- High School (Intermediate- Advanced Level): Designed for players with 2-4 years of experience who are either in, or entering, high school in the fall, who are searching for a more competitive edge to their hockey knowledge by getting more touches/reps. Coaches will introduce some advanced skills and concept, with a focus on pushing athlete’s speed of play and decision-making. Heavy focus on coached scrimmage time.
Equipment Required (available for purchase at the MAC):
- Shin guards
- Outdoor Field Hockey Stick
- Labeled Water Bottle
Session 1: SATURDAYS
Saturdays: 3/25, 4/1, 4/15, 4/22, 4/29, 5/6
9:15-10:15am – Pre-K
10:15-11:30pm – K-2nd Grade
11:30-12:45pm – 3rd-5th Grade
12:45-2:00pm – High School Training (Intermediate-Advanced Level)
2:00-3:15pm – 6th-8th Grade
Session 2: SUNDAYS
Sundays: 3/26, 4/2, 4/16, 4/23, 4/30, 5/7
9:00-10:15am – K-2nd
10:15-11:30pm – 3rd-5th
11:30-12:45pm – 6th-8th
12:45-2:00pm – High School Training (Beginner-Intermediate Level)
2:00-3:15pm – 3rd-5th
3:15-4:45pm – 6th-8th