2020 Winter Indoor Tryouts
August Winter Indoor Tryouts
- Where: Aspiring Champions, 970 Pulaski Drive, King of Prussia
- Age Groups: U-10, U-12, U-14, U-16, U-19
- When: Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to your try-out to check-in.
- 15 minutes have been left between each tryout to avoid overlap of departing and arriving of groups.
- Masks will be worn for the ENTIRE tryout.
*Be Sure to Try-out for the Right Age Division!*
U-10: 9 or under as of 1/1/21
U-12: 11 or under as of 1/1/21
U-14: 13 or under as of 1/1/21
U-16: 15 or under as of 1/1/21
U-19: 18 or under as of 1/1/21
How can I prepare for tryouts on my own?
Stick work, stick work, stick work! The most difficult transition from playing field hockey on a turf field to a basketball court is the speed at which the ball rolls; practice your stick work as fast as possible on a carpet or garage floor, trying to keep the ball on your stick and the “taps” to a minimum. To help ALL athletes prepare for their tryouts, Mayhem will be hosting OPEN PLAY nights for high school and middle school athletes of all ages, skill levels, and club affiliations.
What is “Indoor” Field Hockey?
- “Indoor Field Hockey” is the soccer-equivalent to futsal- it is the fast and furious (AND FUN!) version of field hockey complete with a different set of rules, a different playing-field surface, and different equipment. Indoor field hockey is played on a friction-free gym floor between the months of November and March to develop the players’ skills in the off-season. It is THE BEST way to increase the speed and quickness of stick skills and decision making, as the court is much smaller, faster, and there is a heavier reliance on ball-handling (and body control) where hitting the ball is prohibited.
Mayhem’s Indoor Field Hockey Programs
- Mayhem offers four different kinds of Indoor Programs to suit the needs of ALL players’ age, skill, and commitment level: full-season Travel Teams (Premier and Legacy), “Saturday Club” Travel Teams (1/2 season), and the Mayhem Rising Skills training program. Tryouts in August and September are used to divide prospective indoor athletes across these programs. Those selected for the full-season travel team program will be evaluated again once practices begin in November in order to determine the specific team rosters. Athletes ONLY interested in participating in the Mayhem Rising Skills training program need not attend tryouts and may sign-up for the program in the fall..